Tuesday, November 9, 2010

London

The capital of the United Kingdom which is located in the southern part of the country. My family and I spent a week there in the summer after 5th grade. It was the final trip before returning home from Kuwait. We stayed in a hotel right across the water from Big Ben and right next door to the Eye of London. It was one of the best vacations we have had. We toured the entire city including all the castles outside the city. Also we went in Harrods, which is a HUGE department store in the city, that had everything you could imagine packed in the 6 floor store. Out of everything we got to do while in London, my favorite was the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace. This was one of the coolest things I have seen in all of our vacations and as you always hear the guards did not move at all. No matter what face you make or what you say they would not move. London was one of my favorite places that I have been and I am hoping to get back there someday soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment