Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Kuwait

A little country in the Middle East that is known for one thing, oil. Kuwait is where I called "home" for three years of my life. I moved to Kuwait when I was in the 3rd grade and lived there through the 5th grade. During my time, there is one night that stands out the most. It had been planned that we would be going into the desert to camp and cookout. Little did i know cooking out involved going to the market and buying live chickens and watching their heads get cut off. This was only the beginning of a very different day. After that we went deep into the desert and set up tents in the blazing sun, we cooked and had a great day with friends. The night came along which i thought would be as hot as the day. I was wrong. With no blanket for myself I froze all night. It was a day and a night filled with new experiences and a lot of culture shock, but it was a lot of fun and a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment